A new Chipotle opened by our home in Dallas. It’s a Mexican chain that is growing around the U.S., mostly in larger cities. They have a very simple menu.
My wife and I gave it a try. You can see a photo of what I ate. As usual, not the lowest point total I could have eaten, but pretty good nonetheless.
Not a horrible total. But, I could have done much better. If I had not added the cheese and sour cream, it would have only been 8 Points Plus.
The cheese is the main points killer in any meal.
A Great Weight Watchers Friendly Place To Eat
It is my opinion that Chipotle is a great place for Weight Watchers. I could have walked out of there with only 8 points. That’s pretty good. I could have done even better than that.
Here’s some tips for eating at Chipotle on Weight Watchers Point Plus
- Stay away from the Cheese and Sour Cream. That was 43% of my points total.
- Order a salad. You can do a salad with chicken and salsa for 4 – 5 points plus.
- If you want rice, choose brown rice. The brown rice has more fiber in it and will save you about 1 point over the white rice.
- Skip the tortilla. Do a bowl, whether a salad or burrito bowl. The big flour tortilla will nail you for 8 points plus!
- Beans aren’t bad. Adding the black or pinto beans are only going to cost you 2 points. They are low in fat and high in fiber.
- Go vegetarian and knock off even more points.
Overall, I don’t think you can go wrong by eating at Chipotle. It is a very Weight Watchers friendly place to eat. The food is full of flavor. You can easily eat for under 10 points, and much less than that if you want.
I’d rather do 8 points at Chipotle than eating a Smart Ones meal in the microwave for the same points.
You can choose from 4 different types of meat (if you want the meat):
- Chicken – 5 Points Plus
- Steak – 5 Points Plus
- Carnitas (braised Mexican pork) – 5 Points Plus
- Barbacoa (a spicy beef) - 4 Points Plus
The Barbacoa is very tasty, but also very spicy for me. It is very popular. I can only handle a little of it.
Suprisingly (at least to me), the chicken had the highest protein numbers of the four meats, keeping it at 5 points.
Give Chipotle at try the next time you drive by one. It’s also a lot of food in your serving. You will feel full when you are done.